Ancaster, Ontario is
located in the city of Hamilton 64km west of Toronto. The Town of Ancaster
amalgamated with Dunad, Flamborough, Glanbrook, Stoney Creek and
Hamilton-Wentworth to form the new City of Hamilton in 2001.
James Wilson and Richard Beasley brought their fur trade business to Ancaster in 1790. They also built a saw and gristmill. The community was named Wilson’s Mills until they sold the business to Jean Baptiste Rousseaux. The community then became known as Ancaster Village. Today, Ancaster is growing as it becomes a suburban hub for commuters working in Hamilton, Toronto, Brantford, and St. Catharines.
According to the 2006 census conducted by Statistics Canada Ancaster had a population of 33, 232. In combination with Dundas, Flamborough, Westdale they have a population of 116, 357.
Ancaster, Ontario is home to many things to see and do such as: